The way the encyclopedia works
- There one record for each vehicle (there are more than 500), with an historical and technical overview, a photo and a guide how to differentiate it visually from others. To find the one you are looking for try:
- The Table of Contents: the main types, sorted by country
- The Alphabetical index by names: you can look up for any known designation and find the right vehicle
- The Hierarchical index: all machines grouped by "lineages"
- To understand what the tanks were really worth, compare them: we give you two instruments.
- One to One Comparisons
- The Diagrams for comparisons of all vehicles on one criterium (see below)
- The history of the tanks country by country: see our articles below
- A little fun for beginners, connoisseurs or specialists, the quizzes below are for you
Available since August 31, 2003 Table of ContentsQuizIndexComparative diagramsArticles by countries
What's new ? Guns are newHow many sites are there about tanks ? one hundred, one thousand, more ?
How many about artillery ? None. Sorry, now one.
How does it works ? Just have a look. If you feel comfortable on this site, you'll be comfortable on that one.
You are saying that a website about guns is an update of a tank website ? Yes, what was the main weapon of a tank. Those too are covered by the new website.
Nothing about tanks then ? Oh yes, something: fun. Try the quiz at your level
What's next ?Planned is a renewal of all our pages about tanks to add the links to their armament. That's the point of the site about artillery. With a simple click you can add to the history and data of the tank the history and data of its guns or machine guns. Also planned, is a new section about armored cars and half-tracks (I know, that's the fourth time I promise it, and the third time that I don't stick to my word, but I am getting closer each time).
Also interested in other aspects of World War II ?LemaireSoft also covers the warbirds in the skies and the warships on the seas
Written by Dominique Lemaire © September 21, 2001. Last updated on August 7, 2003